Here’s what we need:
The Account Supervisor will play a crucial role in building relationships with our clients and ensuring on-time, on-budget, and high-quality delivery of all agency work. You’ll collaborate with internal teams (strategy, creative), vendors/partners, and clients on a variety of projects from simple (ads, reports, banners, email, social), to more complex (brand development, website redesigns and integrated campaigns, fundraising programs). You’re an extremely organized person so you’ll be adept at juggling competing priorities while being able to perform well under pressure, adhere to deadlines, and manage multiple clients/brands simultaneously. You’re a stellar communicator and passionate about your craft, you have a bias for action and take ownership for personal and team success. You have an entrepreneurial attitude, the desire and ability to work in a small-business environment and are aligned with our core values. Your growth mindset drives you to relentlessly pursue process improvements for better quality and efficiency.
On a practical level, you will be responsible for:
- Leading relationships with assigned clients and nurturing a positive and productive client relationship as day-to-day contact point
- Writing ideas briefs, communications plans and strategy presentations under the leadership and counsel of our VP of Strategy
- Be the client voice internally – maintaining knowledge of client’s business and sector to provide expert marketing advice and anticipate needs/opportunities
- Identifying opportunities to enhance our clients’ organizations and solve their problems through creative and strategic services
- Understanding and identifying client requirements for new jobs and briefing the team
- Leading the necessary process within the agency by working with the internal team to ensure all client jobs are on track and on budget (Scoping and estimating projects, documenting project requirements and deliverables, and, preparing project workback schedules)
- Monitor financial performance of all jobs in Function Point (set up new jobs including internal staff budgets and external vendor expenses)
- Support new business activities as needed including account background research, preparation of scope of work and/or quotes, attending pitch meetings, etc.
- Oversee day-to-day work of one Account Executive who will provide support with account coordination, contact reports, work back schedules, etc.
- Prior experience (2+ years) in an Account Supervisor or Director role for a branding, digital or creative agency
- Client service experience
- Experience writing and presenting briefs, strategies, and plans
- Experience with and strong knowledge of digital and traditional project lifecycles
- Experience developing integrated project scopes, quotes, and workback schedules
- Experience with software applications including G-suite and MS Office
- Knowledge of Function Point an asset
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business, Marketing, Project Management or related field
$70,000 – $75,000/year
Why we really do look forward to Mondays around here
We’re an ideas agency. We meticulously build strategies that inform award-winning work, and because we are a tight-knit team, everyone’s contributions honestly matter. Our clients are predominantly in the social impact sector and we work for people who are dedicated to world-changing challenges like ending hunger, stopping stigma, finding cures, and changing minds. As a Certified B Corp, since 2016, we’ve ranked annually on B Lab’s “Best for the World – Workers” list, recognizing us in the top 10% of all B Corps worldwide when it comes to how we treat our team.
Take a look at the values we live every day
- Curiosity – We believe the right questions are as powerful as the answers
- Imagination – We allow space for unbiased ideas to breathe and flourish
- Veracity – We draw out the truth about you and your brand
- Potential – We see beyond what exists, uncovering the territory that has yet to be explored
- Change – We are not afraid of change. We help you make the most meaningful difference
And if you need more reasons to polish your resume and click send:
- Competitive compensation with bonus and profit-sharing
- Full benefits and group RRSP program. Plus we match your RRSP contributions, up to 3% of your annual salary
- Community service program providing for up to three paid days to volunteer and matching of employee donations ($500 per employee per year)
- Training and development opportunities
- Committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Committed to work-life balance and a psychologically safe workplace
To sum it all up:
We’re a small team and everybody plays a big role. You need to be talented and passionate about your craft, have a bias for action, and be willing to take ownership for personal and team success. You need a growth mindset with a relentless pursuit of improvements to process, creative work, and results. An entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to work in a small-business environment, and alignment with our core values, is essential.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
To apply please email a cover letter and CV to: