So, why’s it so great to work here? Part of the reason is that we get to do great work for wonderful clients who are intent on ambitious transformation. Clients who are dedicated to ending hunger, stopping stigma, finding cures, changing minds. Nice!
To do authentic work like that, you need to start with a set of core values that you live every day while working on a shared purpose, which in our case is to create a vibrant social profit sector capable of solving our generation’s most urgent challenges. Check!
And we’re not only a B Corp (look it up if you don’t know about it) but we’re also ranked in the top ten of all B Corps in the “Best For Workers” category. Sweet!
Bottom line: it’s a spirited, creative place where the best and the brightest share their talents every day. If that sounds like a place you’d like to contribute to, let’s get together and change things for good.
We’re Ramp, and we’re looking for a smart, talented, and committed individual to join our team as an Intermediate Art Director. Interested? Read on!
Intermediate Art Director
The Intermediate Art Director will play a key role in translating strategically-driven campaigns into compelling, inspiring marketing communications. Equally comfortable in digital and traditional spaces you possess a portfolio that reflects your understanding of how the strategic process informs the creative decisions that support your work.
You’re an extremely organized person so you’ll be adept at juggling competing priorities while being able to perform well under pressure, you’ll adhere to deadlines, and manage multiple clients/brands simultaneously.
You’re a stellar communicator and passionate about your craft, you have a bias for action and take ownership for personal and team success. You have an entrepreneurial attitude, the desire and ability to work in a small-business environment and are aligned with our core values. Your growth mindset drives you to relentlessly pursue process improvements for better quality and efficiency.
On a practical level, you will be responsible for:
- Working in tandem with the creative team to execute campaigns from concept through production, reporting to the creative director
- Internal and client-facing concept presentations
- Interpreting strategic/creative briefs to create award-winning communications
- Working in a fast-paced environment with a close-knit team
- Provide a point of view that is based on a solid understanding of our clients’ goals and the strategy that supports them
- Design and layout
- Attending and directing photo and video shoots
- Sourcing and liaising with outside suppliers
- Working efficiently within established project hours
Working at Ramp
Ramp Communications is a boutique social impact branding and marketing agency located in east Toronto, at Queen and River. We’re a strategic and creative agency and our clients are leading Canadian charities and non-profits, schools, professional associations, and companies committed to leading with purpose.
We are a Certified B Corp and since 2016, Ramp has ranked annually on B Lab’s “Best for the World – Workers” list, recognizing us in the top 10% of all B Corps worldwide when it comes to how we treat our team. And, our employee engagement scores reflect that.
Our values drive everything we do:
Integrity – Passion – Collaboration – Creativity – Accountability – Thoughtfulness – Growth
People love working here because we are committed to strategically sound creative work that stands out and drives results for our clients. We’re a team of deep thinkers who always push for the best work. We are doing work that truly matters. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and psychologically safe workplace and we recognize the importance of work-life balance
This is a full-time, permanent position offering a competitive salary between $60000 and $70,000 per year, commensurate with experience. We also offer:
- Full benefits and group RRSP program. Plus we match your RRSP contributions, up to 3% of your annual salary
- Bonus and profit-sharing incentives
- Vacation (3 weeks per year to start) and we close over the Christmas Break
- Community service program providing for up to three paid days to volunteer and matching of employee donations ($500 per employee per year)
- Training and development opportunities
- 5+ years’ progressive agency experience
- Experience with branding, including integrated traditional/digital marketing projects
- Experience in graphic design, as well as knowledge of AV production/editing
- Proficiency in common design software, especially Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working directly with clients, including interpreting/strategizing communication and design strategies towards specific goals/metrics
- Experience sourcing/managing contract professionals (photographers etc.)
- A portfolio of great work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, open concept environment
- A collaborative approach to work
- Aligned with our core values
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.