If you’re looking to join a creative agency that’s brimming with bold ideas that are rooted in strategy and insights, grab a coffee and read-on.
We bring our curiosity, imagination, and veracity to the table every day to change the way people think on behalf of our clients.
Simply put, we create new possibilities and new futures for them.
Maybe we have a future for you.
We’re looking for a sparkling copywriter.
If you believe great work inspires the world like we do, write us a letter that inspires us to want to hear more of your story. Next, add a resume that clearly reflects your deep experience writing all the things a busy ad agency needs written; you know what they are.
We’re lucky. For the past decade, we’ve worked with some of Canada’s most passionate charities, not-for-profits, and for-profit companies with heart for social good.
If you’d like to join us, you’ll need to show you have the proven ability to craft exceptional copy that gets to the very truth and moves people to take action.
Working in collaboration with art directors and the Creative Director as well as with strategy and accounts, you’ll be challenged to deliver high level conceps and the copy that supports them. If that sounds like you, and you are focused enough to call out the typo in the last sentence, we just might be onto something here.
Here are some sweet bullet points to fill in some of the blanks.
You’ll need to:
- Be able to confidently present your ideas both internally and with clients through the lens of the strategy behind the work
- Have a passion for advertising
- Keep up with industry trends
- Watch/read the news
- Develop copy for the Ramp brand ongoingly
- Prepare copy for winning pitch decks
- Share our values: Curiosity, Potential, Change, Imagination, Veracity
And furthermore, you’ll have:
- 7+ years creative agency experience
- Awards are always nice
- A good sense of humour
- Long and short form writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
- Respect for and adherence to deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in related field
- Bilingual English/French is an asset
$75,000 – $85,000/year
Freelance applicants also welcome.
Why we really do look forward to Mondays around here
We’re an ideas agency. We meticulously build strategies that inform award-winning work, and because we are a tight-knit team, everyone’s contributions honestly matter. Our clients are predominantly in the social impact sector and we work for people who are dedicated to world-changing challenges like ending hunger, stopping stigma, finding cures, and changing minds. As a Certified B Corp, since 2016, we’ve ranked annually on B Lab’s “Best for the World – Workers” list, recognizing us in the top 10% of all B Corps worldwide when it comes to how we treat our team.
Take a look at the values we live every day
- Curiosity – We believe the right questions are as powerful as the answers
- Imagination – We allow space for unbiased ideas to breathe and flourish
- Veracity – We draw out the truth about you and your brand
- Potential – We see beyond what exists, uncovering the territory that has yet to be explored
- Change – We are not afraid of change. We help you make the most meaningful difference
And if you need more reasons to polish your resume and click send:
- Competitive compensation with bonus and profit-sharing
- Full benefits and group RRSP program. Plus we match your RRSP contributions, up to 3% of your annual salary
- Community service program providing for up to three paid days to volunteer and matching of employee donations ($500 per employee per year)
- Training and development opportunities
- Committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Committed to work-life balance and a psychologically safe workplace
To sum it all up:
We’re a small team and everybody plays a big role. You need to be talented and passionate about your craft, have a bias for action, and be willing to take ownership for personal and team success. You need a growth mindset with a relentless pursuit of improvements to process, creative work, and results. An entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to work in a small-business environment, and alignment with our core values, is essential.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
To apply please email a cover letter and CV to: