Are you an experienced and skilled project manager who wants to make a difference in the social profit sector? Do you want to work with values-aligned clients dedicated to ending hunger, stopping stigma, finding cures, changing minds, and more? If you answered yes to those questions, then we’d like to hear from you.
We’re Ramp Communications and our purpose is to create a vibrant social profit sector capable of solving our generation’s most urgent challenges.
We’re looking for a smart, talented, and committed individual to join our team as Senior Project Manager. If this sounds interesting to you, keep reading!
Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will play a crucial role in organizing and ensuring on-time, on-budget, and high-quality delivery of all agency work. You’ll collaborate with internal teams (account, strategy, creative), vendors/partners, and clients on a variety of projects from simple (ads, reports, banners, email, social), to more complex (brand development, website redesigns and integrated campaigns, fundraising programs).
You’re an extremely organized person so you’ll be adept in juggling competing priorities while being able to perform well under pressure, adhere to deadlines, and manage multiple clients/brands simultaneously.
You’re a stellar communicator and passionate about your craft, you have a bias for action and take ownership for personal and team success. You have an entrepreneurial attitude, the desire and ability to work in a small-business environment and are aligned with our core values. Your growth mindset drives you to relentlessly pursue process improvements for better quality and efficiency.
On a practical level, you will be responsible for:
- Project scoping, including liaising with clients to understand their needs, documenting project requirements and deliverables, estimating necessary resources and developing a detailed project schedule
- Project management from beginning to end, including maintaining master agency status reports and ensuring quality assurance steps are completed as required
- Liaising with clients, in tandem with director of client services, to keep clients up to date on project progress and status
- Resource allocation, including assigning jobs and tasks to the creative team, ensuring they (and their external partners) have what they need to complete tasks
- Financial performance, ensuring the financial performance of all jobs in Function Point
- Workflow success and continuous improvement, performing project post-mortems to identify what went well and what could be improved upon and establishing procedural countermeasures to improve project cost controls, quality, adherence to timelines, etc.
Working at Ramp
Ramp Communications is a boutique social impact branding and marketing agency located in east Toronto, at Queen and River. We’re a strategic and creative agency and our clients are leading Canadian charities and non-profits, schools, professional associations, and companies committed to leading with purpose.
We are a Certified B Corp and since 2016, Ramp has ranked annually on B Lab’s “Best for the World – Workers” list, recognizing us in the top 10% of all B Corps worldwide when it comes to how we treat our team. And, our employee engagement scores reflect that.
Our values drive everything we do:
Integrity – Passion – Collaboration – Creativity – Accountability – Thoughtfulness – Growth
People love working here because we are committed to strategically sound creative work that stands out and drives results for our clients. We’re a team of deep thinkers who always push for the best work. We are doing work that truly matters. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and psychologically safe workplace and we recognize the importance of work-life balance
This is a full-time, permanent position offering a competitive salary between $55,000 and $65,000 per year, commensurate with experience. We also offer:
- Full benefits and group RRSP program. Plus we match your RRSP contributions, up to 3% of your annual salary
- Bonus and profit-sharing incentives
- Vacation (3 weeks per year to start) and we close over the Christmas Break
- Community service program providing for up to three paid days to volunteer and matching of employee donations ($500 per employee per year)
- Training and development opportunities
- Experience working at a consultancy, branding, digital or creative agency in an integrated project management role with a solid understanding of the project management techniques and methodologies
- Experience with and strong knowledge of digital and traditional project lifecycles
- Experience developing integrated project plans including job costing, resource allocation, and critical paths.
- Experience with software applications including G-suite and MS Office
- Project Management Professional designation (PMP) an asset
- Knowledge of Function Point an asset
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business, Marketing, Project Management or related field
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits, and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.